Saturday 2 April 2011

Storyboards

In order to form the ideas of whole interaction designs with sound, I sketched two storyboards. After presenting them, I was able to expand on these ideas, and devised of more coherent designs with a clearer vision of what sounds may be relevant to the imagery. Here are the two initial storyboards




The interim presentation led to my decision to further the second one on Processing. Both ideas elaborate on the first panel of my wallpapers. Darts, by the nature of the game, encourage interaction. By hovering over the hexagonal design, you create the targets that the darts hit. I have yet to establish a sound to accompany this visual, but I have a few ideas...

Subsequent to the lecture on synaesthesia, I scanned my interpretations of the two songs that were played for us. The associations I made with the pitch and beats enable to see the links my mind makes between the audible and the visual. This will prove integral to my attempts to integrate sound into my interaction design. It is interesting that the simpler, more minimalistic song prompted the more complex drawing (the first). This demonstrates that a simple image can create an ambient, intricate sound, and vice versa.

Here is my drawing of the first song,

and the second song


No comments:

Post a Comment