Thursday 14 April 2011

First Experiments

These are my attempts at understanding code, in order to create an interactive design. Initially, I took my storyboard drawings as the basis for my design. This allowed me to create the most basic interactive elements it involved. I used mouseX and mouseY as positions, to enable movement with the mouse, a code I was not previously familiar with. This enabled me to create this basic shape, which follows the mouse and has a mousePressed function.



After experimenting with this code, I was able to create variations on the repetition of the shape. After a lengthy look into Arrays, I tried to integrate that into my code. Subsequent to this decision, I realised my time would be better spent getting to grips with Arrays in an entirely alternate sketch. This is what I came up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment