Sunday 15 May 2011

First Three Ideas

Once I had chosen my term 'variables', I researched them online. I read the Wikipedia article about the coding term, and it was relatively helpful. After reading it I brainstormed what I understand about variables and refined them into metaphors.

I then sketched out each of the ideas. I will write out a cost plan underneath each sketch, and will create a time management plan once I have decided on one of the designs.

Card for the posters - $5
Coloured card - $5
Unsure of what aspects of the design will be moveable and still image. 

Card - $5
Coloured card - $5
I already have a camera and a tripod, so I would just need to construct the 'time machine', which I would hope to do before Friday 20th. I would also hope to have the card shapes created by then. Afterwards it would be a case of taking the photos, which may be too time-consuming to do before the 29th.
Filter paper - $5
Plastic - $4
Dye - $6
I haven't yet decided on what I would use as containers, if the containers of water were to look like this. This idea could be implemented in other ways, such as having no water and colouring the plastic so that the coloured shapes would fill up the container. I would like to have this decided by the 18th, so that I can construct the small shapes by the 20th. I would spend the next week refining the design so that it functions well, and write the description during the middle of the week (24th, 25th, 26th).

No comments:

Post a Comment