Monday 28 March 2011

Project One: Reflection

This project taught me some of the theory behind coding. I was able to see the complexity and simplicity that can be created by lines of code. Initially, this was extremely daunting. After reading through tutorials and attending lectures, I was able to gain some knowledge of variables, loops and various other coding tools.

This first project also enabled me to realise what Processing is best suited to. This is repeating patterns. My final wallpapers employed this to some degree, but I feel I could have taken it to further limits. For example, I could have used random, to achieve more exciting, surprising outcomes. I was also able to note that some mathematical prowess is useful, but not necessary, as I initially thought.

For my next project, I will try to make a more interesting design. I will try to make use of and get to grips with more advanced coding.

No comments:

Post a Comment